Creamy bacon pasta
This is a quick and easy pasta recipe that works well for lunch or supper.
• 300g spaghetti or linguine
• 15ml olive oil
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• ½ tsp smoked paprika
• I sprig of fresh thyme
• 200g bacon, chopped
• 125g white mushrooms, chopped
• 4 tbsp sour cream
• ½ cup water
• 1 tbsp milk (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Cook the pasta but don’t overcook it.
• Add the olive oil to the heated pan.
• Fry the onion with a pinch of salt, on a medium heat until soft.
• Gently fry the garlic, paprika and thyme together.
• Add the bacon and fry till golden.
• Sauté the mushrooms until browned.
• Add the sour cream and water and simmer until the sauce thickens.
• Milk can be added to make more of a creamier sauce.
• Mix the drained pasta into the sauce.
• Plate and eat immediately.
• Serve with a fresh salad and some parmesan.