This chicken sauce makes a good filling for pitas, wraps or tacos. Add grated cheese, sliced avocado, lettuce and cucumber. Serve with baked beans and a fresh green salad.
• 30ml sunflower oil
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 small red pepper, chopped
• 1 carrot, grated
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• ¼ tsp cumin, coriander and paprika
• 400g of chicken breast, chopped
• 410 g of tinned tomatoes
• ¼ cup of water
• 1 tbsp. of chutney
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Heat the oil in a frying pan.
• Fry the onion and red pepper without browning.
• Add the carrot and continue to fry at a low temperature until the vegetables are soft.
• Add the garlic and spices.
• Fry the chicken in the same pan.
• Mix in the tinned tomatoes and water.
• Add the chutney and seasoning to taste.
• Simmer covered, until the chicken is cooked.