Essentials for tourists during European summer months
In many European countries, particularly in the Mediterranean, summer temperatures can soar to uncomfortable highs. Try to go exploring earlier in the morning and late afternoon/evening when it is cooler. Remember to keep hydrated and pack the following items:
1. Small backpack
2. Wallet/purse – local currency/credit cards
3. Driver’s license if you plan to drive any vehicle
4. Hat/peak cap
7. Comfortable walking shoes/sandals
8. Swimming costume/towels if visiting the beach
9. Suntan lotion
10. Insect repellant and bites cream
11. Antihistamines for allergies/bee or insect stings
12. Headache medicine
13. Water bottles
14. Cool cotton t-shirts and shorts/ sun dresses
15. Buy a local sim card for data roaming on your cell phone; access Google for places of interest/Google maps.
16. Alternatively pack your tour guide book.
17. Activate the Uber app for quick and cheap transport or look for the regional equivalent app.
18. Tissues/wipes/hair accessories/lip balm
19. Light jacket/raincoat
20. Hotel/accommodation address and phone number in case you get lost
21. Some entertainment for kids: playing cards/IPADS/books